Posts tagged horst cabal
Posts tagged horst cabal
Jonathan L. Howard’s Twitter (via indubitablyjohannescabal)
I’m not sure what this says about me, but my first reaction to this was,
ARE YOU SAYING HORST DOESN’T HAVE A SOUL? HE HAS A SOUL! YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH!
Okay so the book starts with hell. Boom. Devils and such. Naked people in agony. And this classy german motherf*cker dressed like the sexiest steampunk ever comes up outta nowhere and starts to walk into hell and all the damned are like “One does not simply walk into hell” and he’s all “Oh…
I did a thing.
What are mouths?
*edit: fixed Horst’s mouth. Please note he is not sparkling because he is a vampire. He sparkling because he is HORST.
In no particular order:
1. Calvin O’Keefe, “A Wrinkle in Time” and “A Wind in the Door”
2. Ryan Ollman, “So Weird” - Oh, he was only in one episode? DON’T BOTHER ME WITH TRIFLES
3. Paton Yewbeam, “Children of the Red King” series
4. James Raven, “A Gun for Sale”
5. Horst Cabal, Jonathan L. Howard’s “Cabal” series
6. Pacey Witter, “The Pacey Witter Show” (this would be the fictional series in my mind that includes only the scenes from “Dawson’s Creek” containing Joshua Jackson and none containing Katie Holmes - positive comments about DC with relation to my love for Pacey Witter will result in the commenter being beaten repeatedly with something blunt and unhappy)
7. Ricky Fitts, “American Beauty”
8. Evy Carnahan, “The Mummy”
9. A dozen different characters on “Teen Wolf”
10. Veronica Mars, “Veronica Mars”
11. Logan Echolls, “Veronica Mars”
12. Topher Brink, “Dollhouse”
13. Rory Williams, “Doctor Who”
14. Kelly Bailey, “Misfits”
15. Eight different characters played by Matthew McNulty
16. Captain David Jasker, “Garrow’s Law” (related to above)
17. Gary Bell, “Alphas” - as with “Dawson’s Creek,” the show itself is irrelevant (and, incidentally, pretty terrible)
18. Ben Wyatt, “Parks and Recreation”
19. Abed Nadir, “Community”
20. Zoë Alleyne Washburne, “Firefly” and “Serenity”
21. Johnlock, “Sherlock” (BBC) - because I don’t think they’d be on here separately
22. Charles/Erik, “XMFC” - see above
23. James Parks, “Admissions” FRAN KRANZ DOUBLE TIME
24. Dean Winchester, “Supernatural” ***SEASONS 1-3 ARE MY ONLY CANON
25. The entire cast of “Avengers” and “Captain America,” Marvel Movieverse
Horst Cabal from my current read, Johannes Cabal: The Necromancer.
I’ll probably finish it off by the end of the day, but Horst is certainly my favorite character. If you haven’t read the book, I do recommend it (with a reservation or two maybe) Horst is a vampire and the elder brother of the main protagonist, Johannes.
It is quite safe to say I spend way too much time in my local Starbucks, but the baristas are really nice and interesting, and they give me free shit now and then, so it’s definitely worth the 3-4 hours I spent there today pfft.